Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Guest Designer at The Outlawz!

Hi Everyone!

I was asked to be a Guest Designer for December at The Outlawz - Monday Challenge.
I can't even tell you how flattered I was!  So after much worry and anxiety here's what I can up with for the challenge:  The Eyes Have It!  Incorporate "Eyelets" in your design or use an image in which the eyes are the Focal Point.  I wasn't sure which version I liked better so I gave the coordinator both and she chose this first version.


                                                           second version
                                                                 close up
                                           I used Glossy Accents on her eye and lips

Here is the original digi I used from Saturated Canary called Books and Bedhead.  I really liked the one eye showing.  I love her digi's they're so cute!
I colored her with Copics on the face and chalks and Prismacolor pencils for the rest of the image.  Dies: rounded squares by Lifestyle Crafts (formerly QuicKutz) there are 18 nested dies in one set! Great deal 1/2 price at JoAnns = $12.50!!  Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares.  Papers by My Mind's Eye and ribbon/gem/metal brad from stash.

If you like challenge blogs then head over to The Outlawz they have challenges every day of the week with awesome prizes too!  Not to mention what a great group of people who are always so sweet!!  Thanks for having me Outlawz!!  

Hugs!
Kathi

Challenges:

5 comments:

Penny said...

Congrats on the GDT, Kathi! Well-deserved--and I was so tickled to see your card. It is just gorgeous; I love the image & coloring, that cool sentiment, those beautiful blue papers, fab die cuts & that gorgeous bow! (I also love version 2 with the bling, but version one is my fav.) :^)
Hugs, Penny

Laura Bradley said...

Oh wow, love what you have done with this, it looks fab!! Thanks for sharing with us at Joanna Sheen! Laura x

Unknown said...

Great card! Loved how you showed just one eye.

Mema's Crafts said...

Fabulous card Kathi and congratulations on your GDT position...you deserve it. The Outlawz have always recognized talent. Using Saturated Canary to emphasize your focal point was a cool idea. I think you rocked the challenge. Thanks for sharing with us over at Mema's Crafts and you know you're invited back for more fun.

Hugz
Lesia

Jacquel said...

Very nice Kathi! I like how you mixed the coloring mediums here...that image is adorable!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I read them all and it's truly appreciated! :D