Followers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fly Away...

Hi all!  Ready for this weeks Through The Craftroom Door DT project?  No...oh well I'm going to show you anyway!  :)  This week our sponsor is A Day For Daisies.  As usual I couldn't just leave the image alone.  I had gotten an alphabet set as a freebie a while back and I really liked the fairies on the letter Z so I enlarged and cropped them.  I only used one of them on this project.  I really like this alphabet it has some great images and is very pretty!






The sentiment is by Create With TLC and was a freebie as well.

I wish I could have kept her little antennas.  I colored with Copics, used a 
Uniball gold pen to add the dots.  I bought a new set of Twinkling H2O's at 
a sale for $3...score!  I've never used them and I think I definitely applied
a coat to the wings that was too thick.  Ahh a learning experience.


I curved her wings a little. 
 I colored the back of the digi black.



I spoke with Tammy, A Day For Daisies owner, because I couldn't find the alphabet on the website to provide a link for to follow but it is not currently available.  That could change you never know so you should check often.  She has many wonderful images to purchase as well.  I also asked if it was ok to crop the fairy away from the letter and she told me that she likes to see how people use the images in different ways.  I love when an owner is so accommodating and open to the creative process  :)  Enough babble from me!  LOL!  Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Kathi

Supplies:
papers:  MFT - licorice, Staples - white
dies:  Spellbinders - Labels Eighteen
ink:  Brilliance Galaxy Gold
coloring medium:  Copics, Twinkling H2O's
misc:  stick pin - Little Yellow Bicycle, beads, ribbon, black lace
tools:  Cuttlebug

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very pretty - the fairy is really nice. And that sentiment is perfect! :)
Have a nice day, Kathi!

~ Jo ~ said...

This is very very pretty!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Jessica said...

What a pretty fairy. Aren't Twinkling H20s fantastic? I think it was a perfect touch for her wings.

Thanks for joining in at Use It Tuesday.

Dana Joy said...

Super cute card Kathi. Love the shape of it. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

ScrappyGoodness said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing with us at Use It Tuesday

Nicole said...

Gorgeous. Love that ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday.

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card! Love the shape and the sentiment you used! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Gale said...

Love the card and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Oh this is super sweet!!! I adore the sentiment! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Sentimental Sundays.

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Kathi, Love the shape of this card. Great coloring and I also like the sweet little stick pin and the fab sentiment.
:) Chris / CS Designs ... Doodle Pieces

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I read them all and it's truly appreciated! :D